Updated as of March 12, 2023
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.MeridianLink.com and all other sites owned and operated by MeridianLink (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you visit our Website or in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website. This policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or by any other third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries). Our Website may include content from or links to other third-party websites, services, or social networks, which may collect and disclose information differently from this policy. We are not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of information collected through such third parties, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability related to such collection, use, or disclosure.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us via:
MeridianLink, Inc., c/o Legal Department
3560 Hyland Avenue, Ste. 200
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and associated metadata) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- If you do not want your information collected through such automated technologies, please decline the cookies when visiting our Website.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us via email at email@example.com, or via mail to 3560 Hyland Ave., Ste. 200, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, stating your request to opt out. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all MeridianLink’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by MeridianLink about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MeridianLink, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our products or services, you can opt out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via mail to 3560 Hyland Ave., Ste. 200, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, stating your request to opt out. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may use the unsubscribe link or send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to transactional notifications such as receipts, follow-up communications, or other compulsory commercial or legal correspondence.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request via email at email@example.com, or via mail to 3560 Hyland Ave., Ste. 200, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, stating your request to opt out. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by submitting a request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via mail to 3560 Hyland Ave., Ste. 200, Costa Mesa, CA 92626.
You may request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our California Consumer Privacy Notice.
How We Store and Protect Your Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures designed to protect your personal information. But no security measures can be 100% effective, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information, including against unauthorized intrusions or acts by third parties.
We have implemented measures to safeguard and protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information that we may collect and incorporates reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse and alteration. Your personally identifiable information is transferred to our computers utilizing encryption software. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised accordingly. We will protect the personal information we collect with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
Access to your information is restricted to authorized employees who have a legitimate business purpose for accessing it. Unauthorized access to or disclosure of user information by our employees is prohibited. We retain records, data and information for multiple retention periods in accordance with our records retention and data governance policies and procedures and/or as otherwise required by law.
3560 Hyland Avenue, Ste. 200
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
To register a complaint or concern, please either email us at the email noted above, or if you would like to remain anonymous you can submit via our whistleblower hotline at MeridianLink Whistleblower.