You collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to help MeridianLink innovate by creating efficient, effective, and enjoyable user experiences. You produce clear and comprehensive user interface design specifications and work cross-functionally to ensure the implementation of the best user experience possible. Your empathetic nature, attention to detail, and affinity for technology are keys to your success in this role. This position reports to the manager of the Product Management and Design Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gather user data through various discovery methods such as interviews, surveys, and field studies
- Create sketches, mockups, wireframes, storyboards, personas, scenarios, use cases, and prototypes
- Present design artifacts to internal and external stakeholders—both internal team members and customers—for review, iteration, and approval
- Research ongoing user interaction, technology, and design trends
- Present oral and written reports of successes, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management
- Execute product-related ad hoc projects
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college/university in Human Computer Interaction, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field. Bachelor’s GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Working knowledge of software design principles and patterns
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills including planning, prioritizing, time management, and attention to detail
- 1-3 years of experience in designing enterprise applications
- Prior experience with design and collaboration tools
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
MeridianLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
MeridianLink runs a comprehensive background and credit check as part of our offer process.