You’re a detail-oriented self-starter who is motivated to continually learn new things, and you’re not afraid to ask questions. In this important role, you design and implement security controls, conduct security assessments, monitor threat data feeds, and track critical items through to completion. You have a passion for information security, and think it’s fun to poke holes in networks and systems in order to make them stronger. You’re familiar with a range of tools and methodologies used for network and system security, and understand the business impacts of technical risks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct regular security assessments and audits using a range of tools
- Recommend, deploy, configure and maintain infrastructure security controls for firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, proxies, routers and switches
- Recommend, deploy, configure and maintain server, network, and endpoint security tools
- Test and evaluate security controls in a Windows Active Directory environment; recommend improvements
- Analyze network architecture and recommend security enhancements
- Monitor vendor patch update feeds, assess risk, and work with IT and system owners to implement updates
- Lead evaluations of new security tools, and implement them into the company network
- Write assessment reports for key stakeholders, follow up on findings to timely closure
- Monitor the industry for new security threats and analyze the company’s exposure
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field from an accredited college/university, or equivalent job experience
- At least 4-6 years of directly relevant work experience as a security professional
- CISSP, GIAC, or similar security certification strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of network routing and switching
- Solid familiarity with multi-domain MS Windows Server environments (including SQL Server)
- Familiarity with Cisco and Juniper network and security systems
- Experience with SIEM systems
- Strong experience using network security testing tools like Metasploit and Kali; knowledge of current attack methodologies
- Familiarity with the CIS Top 20, NIST Cyber Security Framework, CVE, and PCI DSS
To apply for this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line.
MeridianLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
MeridianLink runs a comprehensive background check, credit check and drug test as part of our offer process.