Security is a high priority at MeridianLink, and the information security engineer is a valuable member of the IT team. In this position, you will plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure. You’re constantly vigilant against external threats to our information security, and understand and employ good business practices as they relate to information security internally. You’re passionate about security, and love to keep up with the latest and greatest in information security technology, tools and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Confers with management, programmers, risk assessment staff, auditors, facilities and security departments, and other personnel to identify and plan for data security for data, software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and computer installations.
- Develops, communicates, and implements data and computer security policies and procedures.
- Analyzes, selects, recommends, and coordinates installation of security software, locks, alarm systems, and other security measures.
- Works with external service providers and vendors to identify, select, and implement backup and archiving software, hardware, and processes.
- Develops and implements tests of computer systems to monitor effectiveness of security.
- Overrides system security or gives authority to override to others.
- Reviews computer logs and messages to identify and report on possible violations of security.
- Coordinates, documents, and reports on internal investigations of possible security violations.
- Works with law enforcement and legal representatives in investigations of possible security violations.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements disaster or emergency recovery procedures for information systems and computer environment.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a 4 year college degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) from an accredited college/university and 7 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Background should include strong hands on experience with Microsoft technologies, including Windows and SQL Server. CISSP, CISM or other recognized Security Certification is preferred. Experience in ITIL a plus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
To apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include the position title in the subject line.
MeridianLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
MeridianLink runs a comprehensive background and credit check as part of our offer process.