Managing engineers is a difficult task that requires people and technical skills. As a Software Engineering Manager, you’ll be working with engineers that constantly challenge the norm and you. You’ll be responsible for growing and serving the team to be more productive and forward thinking. The successful incumbent will lead the team in providing software solutions to business problems, being accountable for the team’s design and implementation efforts.
- Manage and oversees the design and development of software applications.
- Direct the work of engineers to ensure the best practices around software development
- Provide technical guidance to members of the team as appropriate
- Perform code reviews
- Ensure that implemented systems are cost effective, scalable, high performance and reusable
- Lead the recruitment and hiring of new software engineers
- Provide input to the Product Owner on the product strategy and vision
- Provide support and assistance to development teams
- Provide coaching, and career development opportunities and guidance to team-members.
- Stay abreast of internal and external technology development
- Help structure teams for maximum effectiveness
- Handle performance reviews
- Partner with cross-functional teams to thoroughly define business requirements and build strong partnerships to help meet company objectives
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college/university in CS, ICS, or CSE major GPA of 3.4 or higher.
- Experience in agile development methodologies
- Demonstrate ability to learn and teach others
- Ability to develop in an object oriented language (eg: C++, C#, Java, vb.net)
- Mastery in these areas is a plus:
- Database design and tuning
- Front end development
- Full stack development
- Performance and Security practices
- Automated testing methodologies
- Systems design patterns
- Artificial intelligence, data mining, machine learning
- Project management and business analysis
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position in the subject line.
MeridianLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
MeridianLink runs a comprehensive background check, credit check, and drug test as part of our offer process.