The following post is part of a series of blogs written by MeridianLink Partners who will be attending the MeridianLink LIVE! User Forum in May 2023. To learn more about the event, visit https://www.meridianlink.com/userforum.
Home Equity: A Deep Dive at MeridianLink LIVE! Presented by FirstClose
Home equity lending has been a core product for banks and credit unions for decades, but, in the past few years, it has taken a back seat to cash-out refinance. Today, however, with rising interest rates, borrowers with historically low first mortgage rates and generationally high levels of tappable equity have rediscovered HELOCs and home equity loans. Competition for their customers and members is growing from both traditional competitors as well as from new entrants.
With so much going on in this space, we’re excited to announce that immediately following the afternoon keynote speaker at the 2023 MeridianLink® User Forum on Tuesday, May 9, FirstClose™—a leading fintech provider of data and workflow solutions for mortgage and home equity lenders—will be joined by Sharonview Federal Credit Union’s Patrice Biggins and Flagstar Bank’s Deborah Duda for an onstage discussion about the state of Today’s Home Equity.
Attendee takeaways from the session include:
- Benefits of offering home equity products to your customers or members
- Best practices for competing in the home equity space—without excessive costs
- How to differentiate your bank or credit union in the current lending environment
- Lifts you can achieve with technology
FirstClose announced its enhanced integration with the MeridianLink® One platform at the end of 2022. The FirstClose™ Equity solution reduces operational touchpoints and improves the overall lender experience but, more so, the borrowers they serve. The HWTech100 award-winning end-to-end platform includes a borrower-facing point-of-sale solution that gives consumers instant online feedback on their home’s valuation, available home equity, and loan options and then delivers credit decisions in minutes. Automated workflows, including settlement services orders, enable lenders to complete the application-through-closing process in five to 10 days versus the industry average of 45 to 60 days.
We are proud to be more than a vendor who offers products. We believe the only way to bring out the greatest value of our products, and your business, is to partner with you. But don’t take our word for it—hear what customers and industry analysts have to say:
- “I have seen FirstClose Equity and am not surprised industry partners are lining up to capitalize on the opportunity.”—Scott Roller, founder of 3W Partners, LLC and co-founder of Vendor Surf, LLC (MBA Newslink)
- “The buildout of the digital lending platform has been nothing short of exceptional. We have already forecasted an 80% increase for our home equity pipeline.”—David Brand, VP of Consumer Lending, Sharonview Federal Credit Union (Video)
FirstClose is an exhibitor and Diamond Sponsor of the 2023 MeridianLink User Forum. For more information click here to schedule a meeting.